A 130-Year-Old School and Its Traditions
The mentality of the economic life and education policy of the Age of Dualism established the secondary vocational school specialized in trade in 1884. The founders’ aim was to provide high-quality education for the children of the citizens living in Buda.
“The purpose of the secondary vocational school is to provide essential general education for young students who are going to choose a trading career, and to offer them the necessary skills required in their future job.”
(The Royal Directorate-General for Secondary Vocational Schools, 1884)
Our school was founded in 1884, and with this act János Hunflalvy’s proposal, which had been made in front of the members of the Civil Circle of Buda, could become a reality. In 1885, the school received the title Commercial Secondary School and a decade later, the school became a higher commercial school.
The siege of Buda ended on the 13th of February, 1945. The district and our school suffered much damage. Several bombs hit the school building and 70% of the stores and equipment were destroyed.
The Kádár era from 1965 to 1985 in respect of content and form was based on the educational reforms 1945-50. The system established in that period was complemented twice during the abovementioned era.
In the next decade we introduced higher level training in the following fields: first, trade and foreign exchange management administrator, as well as bank clerk, then foreign trade sales manager, foreign trade business administrator, customs administrator, manager secretary, EU desk officer, international shipping and logistics manager.